I finally got around to updating the Lifetimes of cryptographic hash functions table to be current to 2012. I also licensed it CC-BY-SA. Some time when I’m REALLY bored I’ll include all the references inline, but Wikipedia now has pretty complete coverage of each hash function, including original sources. Here’s the current version.
- More ways to fight white supremacy June 23, 2015
- Ban boring mike-based Q&A sessions and use index cards instead June 23, 2015
- Donating $1,000 to fight white supremacy June 18, 2015
- Greatest hits June 7, 2015
- Starting your own feminist backchannel March 1, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- It's not just Noirin
- Ball lightning: the coolest thing you've never heard of
- Suicide and society: Where does responsibility for preventing suicide lie?
- Ban boring mike-based Q&A sessions and use index cards instead
- I am much less disabled!
- Grand Canyon trip report
- The practical reality of contraception: A guide for men
- What free speech really means
- I am disabled
- Operating systems war story: How feminism helped me solve one of file systems' oldest conundrums
Tagsada initiative ada lovelace day adalovelaceday09 airbook airbook lca linux laptop airbook ssd apartment backdoor bicycle books brogrammers bubble bugs carlsbad caverns cats charles stross civility coffee shops compare-by-hash computers conferences consulting content-based addressing cryptography depression double union fashion feminism filesystems giant squid hacker school hair hiking julianassange keithhenson kernel khb linux kernel programming writing lwn lca linux linux foundation lpc lpc kernel lpc linux kernel lpc schwag linux lca macbookair military new mexico open source politics portland programming programming firefox linux emacs protest racism san francisco sci-fi street harassment suicide tech tucson tv union mounts VC vfs volunteer white sands white supremacy wikileaks wired work from home writing xfs