I finally got around to updating the Lifetimes of cryptographic hash functions table to be current to 2012. I also licensed it CC-BY-SA. Some time when I’m REALLY bored I’ll include all the references inline, but Wikipedia now has pretty complete coverage of each hash function, including original sources. Here’s the current version.
- The Ada Initiative is ending, but our work continues on August 5, 2015
- More ways to fight white supremacy June 23, 2015
- Ban boring mike-based Q&A sessions and use index cards instead June 23, 2015
- Donating $1,000 to fight white supremacy June 18, 2015
- Greatest hits June 7, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Here's my favorite operating systems war story, what's yours?
- Suicide and society: Where does responsibility for preventing suicide lie?
- Ball lightning: the coolest thing you've never heard of
- Operating systems war story: How feminism helped me solve one of file systems' oldest conundrums
- Leaving Red Hat
- 2013: Tipping point for the Linux kernel community?
- Call for translations: HOWTO Encourage Women in Linux
- ZFS gets deduplication - the right way
- Backing up the Blackberry 8100 on Linux with barry
- Strong women and the military
Tagsada initiative ada lovelace day adalovelaceday09 airbook airbook lca linux laptop airbook ssd apartment backdoor bicycle books brogrammers bubble bugs carlsbad caverns cats charles stross civility coffee shops compare-by-hash computers conferences consulting content-based addressing cryptography depression double union fashion feminism filesystems giant squid hacker school hair hiking julianassange keithhenson kernel khb linux kernel programming writing lwn lca linux linux foundation lpc lpc kernel lpc linux kernel lpc schwag linux lca macbookair military new mexico open source politics portland programming programming firefox linux emacs protest racism san francisco sci-fi street harassment suicide tech tucson tv union mounts VC vfs volunteer white sands white supremacy wikileaks wired work from home writing xfs