- More ways to fight white supremacy June 23, 2015
- Ban boring mike-based Q&A sessions and use index cards instead June 23, 2015
- Donating $1,000 to fight white supremacy June 18, 2015
- Greatest hits June 7, 2015
- Starting your own feminist backchannel March 1, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Suicide and society: Where does responsibility for preventing suicide lie?
- It's not just Noirin
- Ball lightning: the coolest thing you've never heard of
- Thanking things for their service
- Ban boring mike-based Q&A sessions and use index cards instead
- What free speech really means
- Operating systems war story: How feminism helped me solve one of file systems' oldest conundrums
- Here's my favorite operating systems war story, what's yours?
- Name change
- ZFS gets deduplication - the right way
Tagsada initiative ada lovelace day adalovelaceday09 airbook airbook lca linux laptop airbook ssd apartment backdoor bicycle books brogrammers bubble bugs carlsbad caverns cats charles stross civility coffee shops compare-by-hash computers conferences consulting content-based addressing cryptography depression double union fashion feminism filesystems giant squid hacker school hair hiking julianassange keithhenson kernel khb linux kernel programming writing lwn lca linux linux foundation lpc lpc kernel lpc linux kernel lpc schwag linux lca macbookair military new mexico open source politics portland programming programming firefox linux emacs protest racism san francisco sci-fi street harassment suicide tech tucson tv union mounts VC vfs volunteer white sands white supremacy wikileaks wired work from home writing xfs
Monthly Archives: January 2009
In December, a team of hackers took the time to implement a full exploit of SSL certificates signed with a broken hash function (MD5). The paper is entitled MD5 Considered Harmful Today (a charming reference to the classic MD5 Considered … Continue reading
I finished off the last major patch implementing support for creating, fscking, etc. ext4 file systems with more than 2^32 blocks about 12 hours before my shoulder surgery. Hurrah! It will at some point be pulled into Ted T’so’s mainline … Continue reading
I had shoulder surgery yesterday (SLAP tear repair) and it went fine. I’ll be off work until next Monday and typing one-handed for a while, so expect fewer emails and more phone calls.
Yo! Forget not! The next FAST (USENIX File systems And Storage Technologies) conference is coming up February 24 – 27: http://www.usenix.org/events/fast09/ The best part: It’s in downtown San Francisco! Compare and contrast with the location of the last two FAST … Continue reading
It’s like a real-life XKCD comic: The California Academy of Sciences is turning into a nightclub every Thursday night starting February 12th: http://www.calacademy.org/events/nightlife/ Stick Figure Girl would love it. I already ordered my tickets. Tickets are only $10, as compared … Continue reading
You may remember my first post about semantic patches, which was mainly about how difficult Coccinelle (spatch) was to use. The authors got in touch with me and fixed most of the problems I was having as of version 0.1.4. … Continue reading